Monday, May 19, 2008

the concept of small is hard to grasp

below is an email exchange i had today, while trying to set up my bank account... it was hilarious, and rather.. frustrating:

xxx: Can you please confirm your Town of Birth?
me: It’s Singapore- for town, city, state and country. It’s that small :p
xxx: Is there a certain place that you were both in?
me: Sorry I don’t quite get your question, but I was born in Singapore – that’s usually the most specific detail Singaporeans fill in for place of birth. Could you please clarify?
xxx: What part of Singapore?
me: I was born in National University Hospital located at ‘Kent Ridge’ and I live in a neighbourhood called ‘Choa Chu Kang’. Neither are names of towns, just districts. Singapore is the name of the town, state and country. It’s unlike most countries in the world where there are different states and boroughs. Hope that clarifies.

(no reply thereafter...)

is the concept of having a city-state-country that hard to grasp?!
....... -_-.......

4 comments:

  1. HAHHAHA. This should be put on Reader's digest or something! Got free money =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol
    Ha ha, this is so funny. Remembering you & David in prayer. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DAJIE! Sometimes you're funny even when you dont mean to be. HAHAHAHA :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. :))
    was tickled by your account too!

    ReplyDelete