Monday, November 15, 2010

Rainy Days and Sundays

always get me down. (badly misquoting the Carpenters)

it's so depressing when I take ages to get to church and after 2 buses and 2 trains, i'm still late. and then, repeat 4 times every sunday. the journey really stresses me out. i estimate a total of about 5 hours every sunday spent feeling sick on the public transport network, bleah.

today was especially bad, because the jubilee line was down (again) and it started pouring after church so I was entirely drenched. I guess the lack of daylight makes it worse because when i was on the DLR going to church at 5+pm, the operator was asking some people if they had far to go before getting home, and i was actually travelling AWAY from home, knowing full well that I have to come back the same way. in the night, coming home after YF, it was freezing cold too, winter's just depressing. i also forgot to tap my oyster card when i got off the DLR today, so i incurred another £4.30 penalty charge on top of my already maxed out my day's travel (£6.30 or something like that?)in the 1st half of the day.

it's remembrance Sunday today, maybe it's meant to be a sober and sad day anyways.

i also don't really like having dinner at 10pm on Sunday nights and then sleeping late and starting Monday feeling really crabby.

therefore, i REALLY need to find a solution, and i need a solution fast. this is driving me crazy. every week i feel more and more like giving up.

in other news, work has been stressful too. it's appraisal season - i meant to write my appraisal over the weekend but never got down to it. there are also a million refinancings. why do all companies decide to do the same thing all at the same time, grrr. and project por cu pine flopped, it was just announced :(

3.5 more weeks to finish up for the year. come on Carol, time to man up. :( SO MUCH WORK.

Rainy days and Mondays will get me down-er. so it better not rain tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. come home then! you can complain about the MRT from CCK to town and still reach home in 1.5hrs... heh

    ReplyDelete
  2. no no no sebby... cannot say such things... i'll be super sian if that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh david.. you are not in singapore?? or am i missing out on something i dont know? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, Carol, i can't agree more!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Carol, i will keep you in my prayers... press on... God is behind you to encourage you and give you strength!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elaine! Was really in a frustrated mood that night. I know u travel a large distance to get to church too and it's so tough sometimes, 加 油!!! at least it's only once a week!

    ReplyDelete