Saturday, February 18, 2012

Washing up

It has occurred to me that I cannot agree with the idea of taking a bath, or the British concept of washing dishes in a plugged sink, to get oneself or the dishes (respectively) clean.

For the bath- how is it that soaking
Oneself in one's own dirty water and then pulling oneself out, makes one clean? I can understand that it's quite nice to lie in a bath sometimes and
try to relax with nice aromatheraputic scents, and admittedly most people
are too busy for that and most Singaporeans are busy people. I guess the only way to get clean after talk g a bath is to take a shower, a colossal waste of water.

On the dishes, I have on occasion offered to help wash up after dinner at friends'... But I always say that I need to remove the basin from the sink, soap the dishes and then wash each piece thoroughly with running water. For me, throwing all the dirty dishes into a basin of soapy water, sponging them and then pulling them out would be sufficient. Oftentimes the plates are still soapy! But I guess it saves a lot more water.

I think I'll stick to my ideas of washing up....

End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment