Thursday, October 10, 2013

Breakfast at Claridge's

Walked through the revolving doors to be greeted by a familiar face. Familiar not because we know each other, but I recognised him to be the elevator man in the TV series on Claridge's. He exists!!!

Strolled down the hallway on ridicously shiny marble floors which made embarrassing squeaky noises against my rubber soles. Checked out the super posh but old school cloakroom, which again was all marble but had a sensor no-touch flush, very funny. Prepared to have a nice breakfast, when... My colleague came in. Then had to speak to some big shots and couldn't have the breakfast I had envisaged. Even some eggs, pastries and juice probably made me look enough of a cheapo freeloader, haha. But I need to come back to this place for tea one day, been putting it off for way too long! Till next time!

In other news, the husband has, for the first time ever, made a restaurant reservation without my prompting! Hooray, let's see if this comes to pass - we are off to the Ledbury.... In November.

In return I bought his all-time favourite cartoon and watched it with him tonight. I cannot believe I have never watched Dumbo in my life. Well, now I have :)

1 comment:

  1. I very recently watched it on the plane back from London too! (Dumbo, I mean)

    ReplyDelete