Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Bonfire night - 5 Nov 2013

I love fireworks. Not quite sure what it is about them but I find the burst of colour and light quite spectacular. Casting back my mind's eye to my first bonfire night in 2009, when I braved the cold to get to Southwark Park for the fireworks display, and was so impressed that it lasted at least a good 20 minutes. Between then and now, I have been thoroughly spoilt - 2 weddings with fireworks, new year's eve, and since moving to this apartment, a panoramic view of fireworks displays across London especially on NYE and 5th of Nov. As the clock strikes 12 on 1 Jan, it is quite cool to see all the fireworks displays going up at once all over London. As for bonfire night, well, the celebrations start the weekend before...

This evening though, as I was looking out the window in the relative warmth and comfort of home, I wondered what the next Bonfire night would hold for us. Will we still be in London? Will we be pushing a stroller somewhere in the cold trying to join in one of the bonfire night displays? Or will we just get sick and tired of the whole fanfare? What kind of child will this be?

Anyway, it's 67 days to go, and just 7.5 weeks until I can stop work... including christmas, hurray! time to start doing some serious shopping...

On another note, we did it!!! One of the crazy things I have always wanted to do is to just book a holiday on a whim, and today we booked a weekend trip to Barcelona for this weekend! It will be a crazy travel weekend, but really looking forward to escaping somewhere warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment