Sunday, May 07, 2006

Opening day

Cedar Point opened yesterday. from the beginning, the whole thing is a whole big mess. i cant stand the way everyone doesnt know what they're doing, or what's going on. even the supervisors. the park was due to open at 10am, but the day before, they sent us home after 45 mins, without setting up anything. and on that day, we were told to report at 10. so obviously there will be a big mess cos everything's not ready to open. sheesh.

i got sent to the cotton candy machine all teh way at the back of the park. got stuck with the money, cos jackie wanted to spin, which was fine with me. but they came and took jackie away and got mark in, who cut his finger real deep on the machine 1 hr into his shift. and they they got jacob, who was realle irritating. the whole time, i had to talk to the guests and make samll talk with them, asking them where they're from without understanding their answers anyway, or talking about their favourite rides, etc. the whole time i was freezing cos it was so windy the whole day.

got a 45 min break at 2, so i walked to the employee cafeteria all the way at the front of the park. took me a good 10 mins. was so so glad to see debbie there. (bet she was glad to see me too, cos she was all alone. haha) she was in a worse situation than me cos she's a breaker, and most of the time she's just waiting for instructions. was like 2 mins late going back but there wasnt any supervisor around. from then all, we just worked continuously till like 10pm cos the line wouldnt get shorter. cotton candy was really really popular cos it was only 25 cents each. was really shivering when the sun started setting at 7 plus, so i made jacob let me spin. i was so so desperately cold that i'd rather be dirty. and so i was, there was cotton candy on my hair, on my cap, on my eyebrows, on my rainsuit (which didnt keep me warm). but it was the only way to get warm cos the machine was warm.

speaking of the rainsuit, im sure daddy will be very proud of me for getting that, now we'll ahve 2 sets of raincoats for the bike. haha. and it's quite good quality i think. cost me a whole $21, deducted from my paycheck! sigh.

cleaned up the machine after we closed and then we had to count all the money in the cold. my hands were so frozen i couldnt handle the money properly. but we make like 500 plus just from cotton candy which cost 25 cents each. we sold a few thousand i think. hard work man.

had to go all the way back to some ulu and dark camp to get my stuff. it was freezing. saw a note from debbie which said 'meet u in the cafeteria' it was like 10.30pm and i didnt know how long ago she wrote that. but i had to walk to cash control to turn in the money first, and when i got to the cafeteria, i was so so so glad to see her sitting there. so we shall wait for each other there everynight from now. haha. we were so cold and tired when we got home at 11 plus. i tot that was bad, but this morning, the thai guys told me they got home at 2am. they signed out at 1230, but there was no bus back, so they took the police car.heh. poorthing. it was really really freezing, and we were all wearing berms. stupid uniform.

today, i worked for 3 hours only. they sent me home at 1330 cos theere was nothing for me to do. the park was quieter so they cut 1 person from the cotton candy. was quite disappointed cos i wanted my hours,but i realisedthat it's sunday today, i shouldnt be working. so maybe it's a blessing in disguise. but i cant go to church anyway. argh, we need to buy that car really soon. thursday we will.

debbie just appeared at the Rec Centre (employee recreation centre) she got sent home too. haha. we're going to wal-mart to get groceries soon.. hopefully we can have a short BS session or something tonight. a few nights ago, we were singing songs from my songbook before she fell asleep. it was nice.. :)

alright, i never meant this to be a long post. oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment