Thursday, August 05, 2010

Basic Manners and The Lack Thereof

There are incredibly rude people in my home.

1. They do not make an effort to say hi or introduce themselves.

2. When I say hi in the morning, she looks at me like I'm mad and then ignores me. When I say hi a 2nd time in the night, she completely ignores me.

3. I proceed to offer her a mattress considering how she has been in my home for 3 nights now and will be for 2 more, though not my guest; and her host has only offered the sofa when there's a mattress sitting in the storeroom. She just says "no it's ok" without looking at me, and does not offer a word of thanks.

I know that Singaporeans are not the most polite people on the planet, and maybe my standards have been raised after months of being in a country where gentlemen actually exist (to some degree, definitely greater than SG) and it's actually basic courtesy to greet people, even strangers with "Hi, how are you?"...

But seriously, if you went to stay at someone's place, for FREE, could you not muster some basic manners, even obligatorily?

I must say I'm greatly appalled, but not surprised. As they say, birds of the same feather flock together.

2 comments:

  1. Aiyo, that's very terrible.
    And wait, I thought they are MALAYSIANS?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah well i don't know if the friend is malaysian la, and i frankly don't care anymore. just 3.5 more weeks!

    ReplyDelete