Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Home in December

In better news, i finally plucked up the courage to speak to my boss, P, about going back to Singapore for 3 weeks in December. I offered to work from the Singapore office for a week to provide cover when people take holidays at year-end, and also as an opportunity for me to meet the team there...

He agreed! I was so relieved, and also found out in the process that in this country, you don't "lose" your public holidays when they fall on Saturdays. So I actually get 27 and 28 Dec off for Christmas and Boxing Day, and 3 Jan off for New Year's Day! Wow, that's the most awesome news to my Singaporean ears since National Day yesterday.

Not sure how many days of holidays that would mean, might only be 8, how cool is that!

Next tasks: book those exorbitantly priced air tickets for 10 dec - 2 Jan; and sign up for that 5-day course at ICPAS, though it costs a flipping $525!

No comments:

Post a Comment